Benefits of a Well-Maintained Lawn
A healthy lawn is in your best interest. Here's why...
- Cooling: The front lawns of a block of eight average homes have the cooling effect of about 70 tons of air conditioning, enough to cool 16 average homes. On a hot summer day, grass can be 10 to 14 degrees cooler than exposed soil and as much as 30 degrees cooler than concrete or asphalt.
- Air Quality: A 50' by 50' well-maintained grass area will create enough oxygen to meet the needs of a family of four every day. Acting like a gigantic sponge, lawns absorb all types of airborne pollutants such as soot, dust and carbon dioxide, as well as noise. Less weeds means less weed pollen, a relief to those with allergies.
- Water Quality: Studies show that healthy lawns absorb rainfall 4-6 times more effectively than farm fields, being exceeded only by virgin forest. Lawns return the moisture to the watertable where it can be used again by everyone. A Penn State University study showed that thick lawns slow the velocity of run-off and allow the water to infiltrate 15 times better from a high quality lawn than from a patchy lawn with a lot of weeds.
- Soil Quality: A healthy lawn prevents erosion by water or wind and the loss of valuable topsoil - less mud and dust in the house.
- Aesthetics: There can be no arguement that a beautiful lawn is immediately pleasing to the eye and relaxing in its appearance. Lawns help to soften and reduce reflected light - less glare.
- Exercise: While some may scorn its needs, others find lawn maintenance requirements an excellent opportunity to enjoy reasonable exercise and a diversion. Homes, athletic fields and parks with healthy lawns provide safer recreation areas when grass acts as a cushion to reduce shock and potential injury.
- Noise: While your lawn is busily performing all of these functions, you may not have noticed...it's very quiet and has no moving parts! Good turf can absorb sound better than heavy carpeting.
- Physical Well-Being: Well-maintained yards reduce nuisance pests such as ticks which can carry disease, and bees which can cause life-threatening allergic reactions from their bites.
- Value: Appraisers estimate that a well-landscaped and maintained lawn adds 7% to the value of residential property. A recent Gallup survey concluded that a 15% increase in selling price can be realized when the home is nicely landscaped.
We will provide quality products and services in a professional
manner to help achieve the best possible results for your lawn.
Let Evergreen Lawn Service build
a thick, green, healthier lawn for you!
An average 2500 square-foot lawn contains
approximately 2 million separate grass plants.
Click here or call 218-525-4066
to get your FREE PRICE QUOTE today!